Trap mosquitoes with our MKS-1022 C02 mosquito trap, mosquito control product. A complete mosquito trap and mosquito killing system.
- The MKS uses the mosquito's natural hunting techniques of heat
sensing and carbon dioxide detection. It mimics body temperatures
and breathing patterns of humans, horses, livestock, poultry, and
domesticated pets by the release of carbon dioxide. Through
thermal imagery and measured releases of CO2, mosquitoes are
attracted to the unit, and captured.
- A photo sensor turns the unit on at night and off at daylight.
For the unit to come on earlier or stay on later, you simply place
the cover on the photocell and plug the MKS into a timer for
- Body heat signatures are produced with a heat blanket in the
heat chamber cycling every few minutes from 85 degrees to 110
degrees. This feature is performed continuously when unit is
- The CO2 is warmed and released to mimic breathing. When the
unit first comes on at night, the CO2 is programmed to release for
5 hours. It cycles on for 2 minutes and off for 1.5 minutes,
releasing 750 cc a minute.
- The fan produces different air currents. One air current
creates a vacuum to draw mosquitoes into the unit. Another flows
away from the unit carrying and disbursing the attractants away
from the unit magnifying the attractants. The fan also acts as a
killing mechanism throwing mosquitoes against the inner wall.
Plus, mosquitoes are killed when they pass through the
- The interior electrocution grid is spaced to create a kill
zone when mosquitoes pass through, with a 99% kill ratio. The
remains are then expelled through the bottom of the unit and
returned to the environment.
- The capture net is to be used only for selecting the best
location for placement of the MKS units. Continued use of the
capture net decreases the airflow by 1 mph.